Through our curriculum we are committed to providing quality and excellence through an exciting, stimulating environment that stretches and develops the child as a whole and to provide an education which will develop social skills and encourage children to become more active citizens within the school community and beyond. At Higher Openshaw Community School we offer a creative curriculum, through this we aim to:
- Provide a broad and balanced curriculum.
- Embed key skills in order to prepare children for real-life and everyday situations.
- Provide opportunities to apply knowledge and learning in practical ways.
- Provide a creative approach to planning and delivery that will incorporate and embed key aspects of the new National Curriculum, especially literacy and ICT.
- Provide enrichment opportunities where learning and teaching can take place beyond the classroom.
- Teach skills through topics that interest our children - Essential Learning.
- Ensure our children are active, motivated and enthusiastic learners.
- Allow time to engage, reflect and review - including peer and self-evaluation.
- Use a wealth of relevant resources - in classrooms, outdoors, in the local community and the wider area, including visits and visitors.
- Allow our children to demonstrate their learning in different ways; through photographs, posters, presentations and performances.
To read the full creative curriculum policy please click here.
To obtain additional information on the curriculum please click here